Meanwhile in TO.....
While someone was enjoying her time in LV, this is what I got at work in TO. A conversation with the Chief Acct Dept (Chief)
Chief: We need to disclose the Unusual Items Report on a monthly basis starting this month.
Chico: No problem, draft me a copy of your report requirement and I'll complete the Total Bank figures for you. Also let me know YOUR portion of the Unusual Items Report. You guys do own one set of numbers on this report, right?
Chief: Oh yes, we will let you know the numbers.
Chico: Thanks.
________________________________________________________
Later on that day.....
Chico: Here is a draft of the Unusual Item Report. However, one of the monthly number on your report may need to be adjusted up $1MM to match the year-to-date on the general ledger. It's sitting at $0.5MM, so you can round up or down.
Chief: Oh yes....Matching the year-to-date is more important. Round it up.
Chico: Ok then, let me know if you need anything else. I'll send you a revised copy once I fix that $1MM rounding. I'll also double check your report again to make sure everything adds.
________________________________________________________
Towards the end of the day.....
Chief: Chico! How come you changed the number?
Chico: (confused) What number?
Chief: The year-to-date Total in 2005! It's $1MM higher!!! This will affect 4 or 5 of our other reports!!!
Chico: That's YOUR number you told me to round up...what are you talking about?
Chief: No, you changed the Total Bank number.
Chico: No, I've made the changes according to our discussion earlier and to YOUR report. The Total Bank number is up $1MM because you said to round up.
Chief: Oh.....(sheepishly)....right...eh...ok...leave it with me.
________________________________________________________
Chico busted out his Ipod and start playing C&C Music Factory - "Things that Make You Go Hmm...."
Chief: We need to disclose the Unusual Items Report on a monthly basis starting this month.
Chico: No problem, draft me a copy of your report requirement and I'll complete the Total Bank figures for you. Also let me know YOUR portion of the Unusual Items Report. You guys do own one set of numbers on this report, right?
Chief: Oh yes, we will let you know the numbers.
Chico: Thanks.
________________________________________________________
Later on that day.....
Chico: Here is a draft of the Unusual Item Report. However, one of the monthly number on your report may need to be adjusted up $1MM to match the year-to-date on the general ledger. It's sitting at $0.5MM, so you can round up or down.
Chief: Oh yes....Matching the year-to-date is more important. Round it up.
Chico: Ok then, let me know if you need anything else. I'll send you a revised copy once I fix that $1MM rounding. I'll also double check your report again to make sure everything adds.
________________________________________________________
Towards the end of the day.....
Chief: Chico! How come you changed the number?
Chico: (confused) What number?
Chief: The year-to-date Total in 2005! It's $1MM higher!!! This will affect 4 or 5 of our other reports!!!
Chico: That's YOUR number you told me to round up...what are you talking about?
Chief: No, you changed the Total Bank number.
Chico: No, I've made the changes according to our discussion earlier and to YOUR report. The Total Bank number is up $1MM because you said to round up.
Chief: Oh.....(sheepishly)....right...eh...ok...leave it with me.
________________________________________________________
Chico busted out his Ipod and start playing C&C Music Factory - "Things that Make You Go Hmm...."


1 Comments:
I'm sorry you were left behind in TO...we all missed you while in Vegas!...esp. ME! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home